Monday, August 28, 2006

The Ride Home

"Mom, remember that friend I told you about, my special friend."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Kira, if you have a boyfriend just tell me. It's okay, you are an adult now."

"I just don't want you to be angry when I tell you this. He's, well, he's older than me."

"Older? How much older?"

"Well, like almost as old as you and Dad."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lorelai was quiet. She didn't know what to say for a long time. She finally spoke.

"Kira, who is this man?"

"Korey Jitmakuson, the headmaster from my high school."

"Kira!" Lorelai was shocked. "He didn't start anything with you while you were in school, did he?"

"Mom!" Kira was angry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"We both felt it, it wasn't just him. He was a perfect gentleman. He encouraged me to finish high school and college, we knew it was right to wait. He's asked me to marry him, he knows all about the legacy thing and that we have to live on the property. He's fine with that."

"I'll bet he's fine with that! Do you know how much you are worth, Kira? Any man would love to get his hands on our money."

"Korey isn't like that, Mom. He's not. He loves me, he's loved me for years. We're finally going to be together."

"Is he married?"

"No, Mom. He's divorced. He actually has a son named Tyson. I've met him, he's really nice. He's about 2 years older than me. He gradutated from Sim State."

"Maybe you should date him instead."

"Mom, be reasonable. I'm in love."

"Kira, you know the requirements of your great-grandfather Mark. At least one child must continue to live in this house or the estate is given to Bailey's Ravine historical society. You are my only child, so you are the heir to this estate. I do have to say this, though. If you marry this man you will be asked to leave the house. Do I make myself clear?"

"Mom, that means you and Dad...everything would be lost."

"Not everything. There is a stipulation that we can take some of the money with us to live on and set up house somewhere else, but the bulk of the estate would be gone, the house included. Tell your fiance that you can't live on the estate, you have no money, and see what he says then."

"Well, Mom, I guess we have a problem then." Kira said, clenching her fists on the steering wheel.

"What's that?"

"We're already married. He's meeting me at the house tonight."

3 Comments:

Blogger j00ky said...

Woo, another blow to mum, Kira married already! :O

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhoh! It's going to be a rocky night at the old homestead tonight! I wonder if Lorelei is testing her...

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no.......

Oh NO.

(I just read the entire family legacy... and I'm dying to know what happens next!! Great story so far, I love the whole Forbes family.) :)

Oh no, and the legacy could be over!!! *sob*

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home