Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lorelai's Suspicions

Soon after Korey Jitmakuson joined the household, Lorelai noticed things...little things. Ornamental items from the garden disappeared. Money from her prized money trees was less than before. One day she caught her son-in-law harvesting the cash.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Korey," Lorelai said, "what are you doing?"

"Oh, I saw they needed harvesting and thought I'd do it since you were busy. Here you go." He handed her the money from the trees, but she thought he looked very nervous as he walked away.

Lorelai sighed to herself. Kira had recently announced she was pregnant. She and Korey had only been married a few months. Lorelai had tried to like her son-in-law, but was finding it impossible. A lot of strange women would call for him. He would answer the phone laughing and smiling, then stop speaking as soon as Lorelai would walk by. Kira would defend him, but Lorelai knew she had to say something.

She finally caught Kira in the master bathroom one evening.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Honey, you know I love you, but I have to talk to you about Korey."

"Mom, we've been through this. Besides, he told me about the money tree. He said he won't touch them again."

"Kira, it's not just that. I mean, he quit his job at the school. He's living on our money. He just hangs out all day or goes into town. Why does he go downtown? He has no job. What is he doing?"

"I don't remember Daddy having a job when I was growing up. Didn't he live on your family's money too?"

"Your father did keep his job, for a long time, then after a while he was able to sell that business for a substantial sum of money. Korey doesn't seem to want to do anything."

"Mom, you just don't understand. He's finding himself, and I am totally for it."

"Kira, you're expecting a child! You don't need to do this to yourself or your child."

"Do what, Mom? I have a husband that I love, we're having a baby, you can't change that. You couldn't even kick me out when you found out we were already married. Now just leave us alone." Kira stormed out of the bathroom as quickly as her pregnant legs would carry her.

"Please let her be right." Lorelai prayed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes mothers just have to let their children make mistakes. Poor Kira though...

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home