Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dagmar's Trial - pt 1

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is Correspondent DiDi Malone reporting for SimCourt TV outside the gate of SimState Prison. We will be broadcasting the trial of former mail carrier Dagmar Bertino. She was arrested last month and charged with the murder of Sean McGaw Forbes, a prominent member of Bailey's Ravine society. She is also charged with the attempted murder of Mr. Forbes' daughter, Eileen. Let's go into the court room now.

Here you see the prosecuting attorney, Luke Andrews. On the right of the courtroom is the defendent, Dagmar Bertino, and her attorney, George Law.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Oops, court is in session. Here is Judge Kirk Richards. He will be presiding over the trail today.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The prosecution is about to begin his opening statment...

Image hosting by Photobucket

"Your honor, you will find during this trial that Ms. Bertino has confessed to murdering Mr. Sean Forbes and subsequently attacking his daughter. Evidence shows that Mr. Forbes was struck about the body several times. This physical attack resulted in a heart attack and was followed by his death. Ms. Eileen Forbes was on her property when she was ruthlessly struck down by a bullet from Ms. Bertino's gun. Upon Ms. Bertino's confession, she admitted where the gun was hidden. Forensics tests show that this gun was used in the beating of Mr. Forbes and was the gun fired at Ms. Eileen Forbes."

The attorney placed the gun as evidence on the judge's podium.

"Thank you, Mr. Andrews. You may begin opening statments, Mr. Law."

Image hosting by Photobucket

"Judge Richards, yes, Ms. Bertino has confessed to these crimes. However, these crimes were committed while she was under the influence of an apparent love potion that was sold to her by a vagrant gypsy woman. She believed herself to be in love with Sean Forbes. When he refused her advances, this love potion caused conflicting emotions in Ms. Bertino. She lashed out and in the process killed this man who was her friend. She is deeply regretful for his death."

"Mr. Law, how can you explain the attack a week later on Ms. Forbes? Surely this 'effect' didn't last a week?"

Image hosting by Photobucket

"But sir, it did. These medical reports show that this potion affected Ms. Bertino's brain chemistry. These changes are irreversable. She now understands that what she did was wrong, however the changes that were made to her brain can only be treated in hospital care and therapy. She is not mentally capable of handling prison."

The defense attorney is placing the medical reports on the judge's podium.

The judge is looking over the documents.

"Ms. Bertino, why don't you tell me what happened. I've read your statement, but I'd like to hear your words."

"Yes, Judge. Mr. Forbes was very polite to me, and we became friends. I wanted to be much more, so on the advice of a friend I purchased a love potion from a gypsy that hangs around downtown. I took the potion and went to see Sean that night. I knew he liked to walk around the family cemetery and be alone sometimes. I am ashamed to admit I threw myself at him. But he turned me down. Then I just snapped and pulled out my gun. He struggled with me and the gun went off, but the bullet flew into the air. He was on the ground, and I just started hitting him, over and over again. I just don't know what came over me."

Image hosting by Photobucket

"I ran away and went home. I was very sick. I had a fever and I hallucinated. I didn't know that Sean had died, but I dreamed of his ghost coming for me. When I discovered his death, I knew I had to see the grave, I had to have proof. I went to the estate and went to the cemetery. I cried over his grave. Then his daughter came home from a date. This feeling of hatred just washed over me. I couldn't explain it. I went around to the front of the house and watched her and her date. They were right there in the car, in front of everyone! I knew she had to die. I pulled out my gun, and when she got out of the car and went to the mailbox, I took the shot."

The judge is thinking about what Dagmar has said.

Image hosting by Photobucket

"I will go to my chambers to deliberate. I will return in the morning at 9am with my decision and your sentencing".

The judge is leaving the courtroom. Ms. Bertino and her attorney are going back to her jail cell. This is an exciting case! Be sure to check back tomorrow to discover the sentencing!

Image hosting by Photobucket

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting turn of events!! I wonder if the so-called "gypsy potion" can be considered a controlled substance. If so ... maybe she'll get jail time for that! She deserves to go to jail. Oh yeah. The fact that she recalls these events and the fact that she sound as though she wished that the girl had died ... well ... that tells me that the emotions she's feeling are REAL and that the potion only brought them to the surface. YUP!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo! this is exciting. :D
-Rosanna

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, what ever happened to taking responsibility for one's own actions. She did it, she admits she did it, she admits she knows it was wrong. She deserves to PAY, not be hospitalized. *stepping back off the soap box*

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home