Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fun at the Kody house

From the simmer in charge...

Greg and Henry are now teenagers and they have decided to live with their biological father, Wyatt Kody, through their high school years. I read about the "I'm surrounded by idiots challenge" and decided to do something like this at the Kody household.

For this challenge, I only control 1 sim. I have chosen to control Wyatt only. The boys are on their own :) I normally don't have a problem letting my sims do whatever in some cases, but according to the rules of this challenge I cannot even LOOK at their wants or needs. If I need to make them do something, then Wyatt has to interact with them to try to make them do whatever. So, here are a few pictures of the first week at the Kody house. I'll be playing this house intermittently while also playing Frank at college and Eileen's wedding coming up on the first.

First, we have the crazy twins, Greg and Henry, on their teenager birthday - this was taken at the legacy house before they moved.

Image hosting by Photobucket

We also have another picture from the legacy house on moving day with their Dad, Wyatt and Mom, Eileen.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then off they go to their Dad's small lot in Bailey's Ravine. No more video arcade, pool table, pool, or fancy stuff. A single dad lives light.

What do sims do when the controller doesn't give them commands? On the first day, the house is built and furnished. Dad gets a job and starts skilling while the boys sit outside and talk - for hours.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Some people come to visit. For some reason, Daphne Forbes (Chloe Forbes' sister, Eileen's aunt) freaks out as soon as she reaches the property. She also seems to not be feeling well as she runs to the bathroom to throw up often.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Dominique also comes to visit and tells Wyatt about the upcoming wedding. "Oh, no!" he says. "But I love Eileen!"

Image hosting by Photobucket

The boys talk to the guests without being commanded. They even made a meal and cleaned up the kitchen.

Image hosting by Photobucket

When the boys get tired, they lay down wherever. Greg chose the couch instead of the bed behind him. Henry sleeps in a bed.

Image hosting by Photobucket

For fun, the boys watch TV and sit on the couch. Henry also likes to jump on the couch...a lot.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

He jumps on the couch for hours until Wyatt talks to him and breaks the cycle. He also likes to kick the Flamingos next to the house.

Image hosting by Photobucket

On Saturday, before Wyatt went to work, I had him call and invite Eileen over to spend some time with her boys. They don't have a good relationship with her either so I wanted to work on that before the wedding. Wyatt greeted her, then went off to work. The boys talked to her, played games, and even made a meal and cleaned up. They had a good time with her - all without being controlled.

Image hosting by Photobucket

So the boys are doing fine without a controller. I have to admit it is hard not to look at their stats, but it's getting easier. I have to figure out things like how can Wyatt wake them for school and get them to take a shower? It's difficult, but challenging.

Some may ask how do you get them to do homework without selecting them? Wyatt has to go to the homework and choose "help with homework", then chooses a child. I take them in turns. This gets them to complete 1 notebook.

The rules state I can select them 1 time during a life stage, but I cannot look at the wants or needs when I select them for a command. However, I've adjusted that for myself for once a week, so I have to make it count. I had to make Henry go to school one day because he was low on something and didn't want to go. Wyatt had to make him stop jumping on the couch and catch the bus. However, when Wyatt gets a car, if it looks like the boys will be late or not want to go he can use the car to take them to school, so I shouldn't have to select them again for running late.

So, that's the first week of fun at the Kody house. Remember to let your sims play by themselves sometimes. You never know what they may do :)

**Wyatt Kody, family sim, LTW have a golden anniversary.
Greg Forbes, Pleasure, LTW to be celebrity chef.
Henry Forbes, Knowledge, LTW to max out 7 skills. **

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo! That challenge sounds interesting! I dunno if I'd have the guts to do it though. I'll look into it. :O) Can't wait to read about the boy's adventures!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't ISBI fun?!? I agree it is difficult to not look at their info. I started using tv's or radios to wake people up..but they do get annoying because sometimes they're on when you don't want them to be! :| Anyway yay, that was a nice diversion and nice to know your sims are getting along with Mom naturally. :)
Rosanna

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ISBI sounds like a fun challenge! The boys seem to be having a blast lol

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home