Monday, May 29, 2006

Life Moves On

Lauren named the alien baby Jackson after her father. She had to do this because I slipped into a depression shortly after his birth. She and Dom enjoyed the baby, but I couldn't bring myself to touch him often. I would sometimes help out, but it was rarely. Lauren ended up asking Nanny Calista to help out with Jackson as well as Isaac.

Isaac enjoyed his baby brother and was happy to have a new family member, even though he came from a strange place. When Isaac would have friends home from school they always asked him about the abduction and wanted to see the baby.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before I knew it Isaac became a teenager. His days were filled with studying and preparing for college, but he also helped out with Jackson as he grew into a toddler.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Even with a doctor's help I didn't easily come out of my depression. It wasn't until Jackson grew into a child - faster than a human child - that I began to accept him and heal. It also coincided with my birthday as an elder. Life was different from that point. I spent more time with Jackson and even tucked him in at night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lauren also grew older, but still remained beautiful to me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My step-father, Dom, wasn't so lucky. Shortly after he became an elder, he was found in the yard near the family cemetary. The house had always been rumored to be haunted, even Isaac had mentioned seeing a ghost or two and I swore a few times I had seen my mother near the bedrooms upstairs. When we found Dom, he was barely breathing. His last words to me were, "She's here!" before he passed away. He was found near my mother's headstone.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Maybe we'll see Dom's ghost one day as well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home