Friday, May 26, 2006

Life and Death

As we were preparing to receive a new member to our family, we lost Mom. It was very unexpected. She had gotten a job in the athletics career and was pushing herself way too hard. She got sick with pneumonia, but didn't stop going to work like the doctor told her to. She passed away one morning just after getting out of bed.

Her will left me the house and our money, of course, but she also stipulated that Dom could stay in the house as long as he wanted. He's happy living here with us and it's fine with Lauren and I, so he can stay. He sure did get over Mom fast, though. Right after her funeral he started dating again. He reminds me of Mom when she was younger. This is my step-dad, Dom.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Soon after Mom's death, Lauren and I welcomed our son - Isaac Adam Forbes, named for one of my great-grandfathers.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lauren was able to quit her job to stay home with Isaac. Soon I was able to do the same. We enjoy being home with our family. While Isaac naps Lauren paints and I play music. She's already painted a portrait of me for the family wall upstairs.

Dom decided he didn't have to work either. He's living off the Forbes money while he dates everyone in town. When he's not running all over the place he has a little garden he likes to tend sitting in our den. He does help with Isaac, though.

Sometimes when I'm upstairs I'll see a figure move past me. I swear it looks like Mom. There have been reports of ghosts in the house before, so who knows?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home