Monday, November 20, 2006

Malcolm's Wedding

The wedding day was a perfect day in spring. The wedding garden had been pruned and prepared for the ceremony. Malcolm wore his father's tuxedo and Jaiden agreed to wear his mother's gown. She also wore a tiara that had belonged to her mother. Malcolm had never seen a more beautiful bride.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Aunt Margaret attended her brother's wedding feeling both happiness and sadness. She knew he was now an adult, he now had a wife and would soon have a family. It was time for her to move on.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Grandfather Malcolm didn't want her to leave the family home.

"Margaret, please stay. We want you here with us."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"This is your home, now, Brother. You are the heir and you must make a life with your wife and future family. I will visit you, and you and Jaiden can visit me. It's time for me to leave you."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"But you know Father didn't believe it appropriate for a woman to live alone!" Malcolm exclaimed.

"I honor our father's memory, Brother, but he is no longer with us. We do live in a modern world. You know that I have a job, so I can care for myself. I'll find a roommate if necessary, and I may even marry one day. I will be fine. Remember, you are the younger sibling."

"You are right, Sister. Thank you for allowing me to follow the path set before me. I now allow you to do the same. Go with God, Sister."

"Go with God, Brother." Margaret and Malcolm hugged each other, then Margaret turned to Jaiden. "Go with God, Sister. May you and my brother have a happy life and a large family." She hugged her new sister-in-law, then returned to the house to pack her things. Aunt Margaret left the family home the next morning.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home